Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    spikespike

September 2011
    so im thinking of setting up a program loosely based along the lines of OSE
    where would you start?

im based in Australia if that is of any concern

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    mjnmjn

September 2011
    In Australia!  Ok, more seriously, you need to gather a group of people interested in forming a local chapter.  More are needed if you are going to form an OSE Regional Branch, along the lines of OSE Europe.  Then have a look at http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSE_Member_Organizations.  Ultimately, all branches and chapters of OSE need to be approved by Marcin.

- mark

• Get your own land, build your own machines, then start loaning them to the needy people around them in exchange for their assistance in further testing, developing, and adapting the machines then publishing the results is what i'm planning on doing. I just have to get to that first step of actually having the land and the tractor first. :(

• I'd start with a business plan.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Lisa_GLisa_G

December 2011

Matt, yeah, that's what we've done.  It's great for clarifying your goals.

Question for Mark -- my husband is interested in the Truck.  He's a mechanic, drives a tractor/trailer rig and is a certified pilot.  He knows machines.  How could he get involved?

-- Lisa

• @ mjn/mark - your link seems to be broken.  There is a local groups page.  Groups don't *have* be officially connected with OSE, just following similar ideas.  This is open source after all.  My suggestion is anyone that wants people in their area to get in touch can post their info on that page.  That will help seed community projects.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    mjnmjn

December 2011
    My wiki profile can be found at http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/User:Mjn.

The new Project Managers group has started thinking about the process of folding volunteers into existing or new groups.  The process in the past as be, ah, spotty, at best.

@Lisa Your husband can contact me directly at markjnorton (**AT**) earthlink (**DOT**) com.  I'll do what I can to help guide him into things.

- Mark

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged