Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
CEB Press Questions, Modifications, and FEM analysis
  • Hello, I am doing my school project on the CEB press. We are doing FEM analysis on the Main Hydraulic Press Foot.

1. Why are there threaded holes on the pressfoot plate?
    2. where can i see an image of the sensor for the pressfoot?
    3. have there been any modifications to the attached 2d fabrication drawing?

Thanks in advance!
    Chris

Attachments
    cebPressFoot.PNG 87K
    cleaned up model a lot.PNG 162K
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    ROB_B

December 2013
    Hey, welcome, I'm working on some updated drawings because I would like to build one soon.  OSE is planning on building one based on most recent designs in January, from what I understand.  Please see my log for some notes on recent work.  In my log I've also posted some updated 2d drawings pdf files etc.  The drawings I've attached should answer a few questions.  My understanding is that they've moved away from mounted sensors and replaced them with a hydraulic pressure switch.  Also this is a page for some of the up to date work where you might be able to find out more even though I haven't updated this page with the most recent drawings from my log. 

Attachments
    01-019-00-0 MAIN FRAME ASSEMBLY.pdf 417K
    01-159-00-0 CYLINDER FOOT.pdf 211K
    01-169-00-0 PRESS FOOT ASSEMBLY.pdf 193K
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    nottern

December 2013
    Hey Chris!
    we also were doing some FEM simulations since we had to change the profile to the metric system here in Chile.
    by the way why are your stresses so low? are they in Pa or MPa? or ksi? xD
    we are working on the CEB press 4 model, but there were also many weird things, some things in the CAD weren't built the same way... etc
    for the sensor, there is a video of the assembly where you see the specific place... this is the one:

keep up the good work! ^^

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged