Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Moryl from Madagascar
  • Moryl Mamie wrote:

Dear Friend,

My name is Moryl MAMIE, I am based in Madagascar. My Brother send me this morning Marcin TeD talk. It was like the missing link.

I am trained as Mechanical Engineer, Aeronautical and Sustainable designer. For my Master project I had the chance to look for a solution to provide fresh drinking water in remote area south of Madagascar where there is only Sun and Sea. The result was a Solar desalination UNit for remote area:
    SWUFRA: http://mameodesign.free.fr/?page_id=5

I will be happy to share my design with you on open source. Also it was the first prototype made in UK, lot of improvement can be done. I wait for suggestion.

I deeply share your philosophy, I would like to be part of the journey.
    I founded MAMIE INNOVATION this year in Madagascar, a consulting firm dedicated to promote sustainable solution here in Madagascar where living condition are difficult in rural area, with no access to modern equipment.
    My aim is to build locally, with local material similar equipment to provide energy, improve efficiency and increase people profit: Wind turbine, solar generator, etc...Tractors.

Based in Tananarivo capital, we will be ready soon to start working, and received  people from around the world to give us some hand during a working project for several months.

Madagascar is the 3rd largest Island in the world with 80% of endemic wildlife and flora. It is still one of the most remote place, with undiscovered area and rain forest. Despite an incredible Nature and resource, Madagascar has been classified the poorest country in Africa.
    It sad to see the country importing rice and other basic product to feed its population where it has a huge capability to sustain it self and export excess production if sufficient effort could be put into agricultural industry.
    It is now time to inverse the cycle and give people the tools needed to become self-sufficient and sustain them self, away form the economico-political game played here.

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and ideas. Wait to hear from you soon,

Moryl MAMIE
    MAMIE INNOVATION

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Cool. If you don't want to write it up on the wiki yourself I can do it for you. Just send me the files or a link or something.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion