Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Job S. Ebenezer - Technology for the Poor
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Your wiki account has been created. You'll receive an automated email with login details.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

• Here's the first message sent by Job Ebenezer:

New comment on your post #458 "Towards 1000 Global Villages - Factor e Live Distillations - Part 1" Author : Job S. Ebenezer (techtechnologyforthepoor AT yahoo DOT com) URL: http://www.technologyforthepoor.com

Hello:
    I was introduced to your project by XXX XXXXXXX. I met XXX at a conference in San Francisco. I am thrilled to see a group like yours trying to build global villages May I request you to visit my web site www.technologyforthepoor.com to view some of the technologies that I promote.
    For example, instead of making bricks you can use the rammed earth technique. I built at a prison in New Mexico (Los Lunas) a studio apartment using rammed earth technique.
    As you know the adobe construction is the choice the Spaniards and Indians. At first they were skeptical about rammed earth but when they saw how much less time and labor it requires compared to adobe construction they were convinced. I also built a house in India with loose rice straw. You can view it on my web site.
    I have also developed a Dual Purpose Bicycle which can be used for both transportation. You can also see this device on my web site as well as on www.youtube.com by typing in the search box Dual Purpose Bicycle. This entry won me the finalists status
    I also feel that due to lack of land for the city poor and for soil and water conservation, we sould look at growing at least vegetables in containers. Once again some of the urban gardens I established can be seen on my web site.
    I would like to be a part of your movement.

• Cool. Are you willing to officially open source your designs? If so you can just start filling in the Wiki. The bike could be a child-page of the car.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion