Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Malcolm from KCMO
  • Hey everybody,

I've moved to KCMO from Lawrence, KS to pursue metalsmithing of various kinds.  As an avid follower of permaculture(studied with Steve Moring of Vajra Farm) I've found myself extremely attracted to OSE.  After KU, where I studied Psychology and Math, I worked for Applied Ecological Services for nearly 3 years before turning to my secondary career of blacksmithing.  The idea of Open Source and Ecology is very alluring to me because I spent my childhood being raised on the internet; as having an older sibling who sincerely pushed himself in the field of Network Engineering(now works at Google), my natural aptitude for computers is in deep respect of his efforts.

I'm currently working with Boys Grow (http://www.boysgrow.com/) and am hoping to bring OSE to their farming practices.

I've apprenticed as a blacksmith for almost 4 years now and here is my website - http://malcolmlee.cold-sun.com

I've tried lurking on IRC to catch somebody from Factor E Farm and even sent an email regarding visitation, but I haven't been able to get a response from anybody in the past couple weeks.  I hope this message reaches somebody in the KCMO area.

Thanks for you time,
    Malcolm

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hey, so, good luck to you. Getting a hold of someone who's actually there in person is...harder than it seems like it should be. What exactly do you want to do?

• "
    What exactly do you want to do?"

I'm interested in manufacturing some of the tools from the GVCS for Boys Grow and personal ventures.  I am familiar with a majority of the tools on their list and have spent the last 4 years utilizing them.  At the moment, I'm just hoping to contact somebody that is affiliated with Factor E Farms in KCMO.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    mjnmjn

February 2012
    I'm just hoping to contact somebody that is affiliated with Factor E Farms in KCMO.

Send mail to Marcin Jakubowski  (opensourceecology at gmail).

• >   Send mail to Marcin Jakubowski  (opensourceecology at gmail).

I already have.  I sent an email requesting a visit and explained my story with no reply. *shrug*

• Par for the course. *shrug*

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    mjnmjn

February 2012
    Marcin has been traveling lately.  You might try again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion