Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Downdraft Wood Gasifier Manual
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    hiatushiatus

October 2011
    Click the link to download. 10 Mb filesize.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnrydm48o77ddlg

Here are the two summary schematics in the document. The rest of the pages are very detailed instructions.

**Edit--> here's another tutorial site originally posted by member Metz in another section.  ---> Gek-Gasifier-Wiki **

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MetzMetz

October 2011
    This is the FEMA gasifier design you posted right?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    hiatushiatus

October 2011
    This is the fema manual released in 1989. 

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    MetzMetz

October 2011
    I still am debating which design I should go with, the GEK design already has dxf files for my torch table but it has a lot more parts.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    hiatushiatus

October 2011
    I like them both.

The FEMA design is simpler, but this in turn obligates more user involvement. I just can't see leaving it be to run a house for example, without constant supervision. 

The Gek on the other hand is a bit more researched and current. They even have an arduino in the works, which really fascinates me. An arduino could be set up with an O2 sensor to adjust the fuel/air mix, as well as graph usage hours, electric generator output, and send alerts via text when maintenance is called for.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    hiatushiatus

October 2011
    Also, having the DXF files pre-made is a huge labor savings, in my humble opinion. No need to cut, test, cry to the fabrication gods, revise, cut, and test again.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    MetzMetz

October 2011
    Yea the DXF files will be invaluable using with my torch table.  Although I am still stuck on costs.  I prob will do a FEMA design first to get the hang of it and move to the GEK design afterwards just to the costs of the processors and complexity.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged