Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Human Resources Management
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    donneyc

February 2015
    I recently moved to Australia from the United States. I have attended an OSE event and there were a fair amount of people from all over the world. It seems that OSE has international presence. But, I do not know how to find people by location or area of interest within OSE. With globalization, I feel it is very important for OSE to have a strong human resources department. Thank you.

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    honor

February 2015
    donneyc,

Hi, my name is Jonathan and I have been working with OSE on such matters, and we are working on organizational developments to improve the Global Village network. Can you please elaborate on what you envision or perhaps see as an end product of a human resources management platform or system?

Jonathan

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    donneyc

February 2015
    There are several things I want to say, but I am unsure about the best way to organize them.
    My skill set is design drafting, however I have no experience using Sketchup. Also, I have an interest in Renewables and have a certification in Biodiesel Production, but I do not have work experience with renewable energy including biofuels.
    I hope for a user friendly system I could utilize to find collaborators and collaborators could use to find me.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    donneyc

February 2015
    Where might I find a list of local chapters? Also, how do I post within the Organizational Development section?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    honor

February 2015
    donnyc, 

Glad to hear that you are interested in Sketchup, and Renewables.  As far local chapters we do not have any formal chapters as of yet in Australia , however, we are working on a formal process to develop and create OSE Chapters with a focus on open source core values and specifications.  There many informal groups and hacker spaces that exist as partners, and we want to legitimize there existence, but we first must retool a platform that can handle the volume of participants.  If you are interested in collaborating, I am available to do remote collaboration and answer any questions or concerns you may have.  Currently, I am on the Organizational Development Team, and your interests are of importance as we are forming several teams to address and facilitate local and remote collaboration. Would you be interested in a google hangout?  If you are not familiar with google hangouts let me know.  Below is an intro link to Sketchup.  Training videos and education is also another function we are wanting to develop...we want to be the Kahn Academy/Lynda.com of the Open Source World.  

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    donneyc

February 2015
    Currently, I have been job hunting. I want to say "yes" about helping OSE, but I worry I will find work that is overly demanding. I started my own company before I left the States, however it might never succeed. I believe I remember that some entrepreneurs have used the open source designs in their small businesses. I know there are Aussies that would be interested in OSE, but I have no idea where to find them. (At one point, I was able to search Facebook likes of OSE. For some reason I can't anymore.) I am quite sure that I need collaborators.
    All that being said. What information do you need to invite me to a Google hangout? My gmail address? I tried google hangout before and I wasn't able to access it.
    Thanks. Hear from you soon.

• Recent YouTube videos are very informative. I hope that I can start helping at some point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion