Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Juan Fernandez - ingeniero de software desde España
  • Vote Up0Vote Down September 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Juan Fernandez wrote:
    Hi Marcin and Elifarley!
    My name is Juan Fernández, I'm a spanish software engineer, and I work for an open source project here in Spain.
    Last weekend I discovered Open Source Ecology ad I was really amazed by it. First of all, thanks for this project and your contributions to society. 
    I contact you because I want to help and support your project. 
    Apart from becoming a True Fan, I think I can help you in other ways with my work. 
    The first thing I can help you with is the translation of the website to Spanish. 
    There's a huge amount of people that are spanish speakers and I think that if the web site was translated into Spanish, we could boost the amount of True Fans...and I think participation of Latin America, where agriculture is so important, could be really important for the project.
    Please, tell me what do you think about this
    I wish you the bst, 
    Juan Fernández

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    fandez

September 2012
    Hi guys!
    Apart from translating the website (which I think it's the most important tasks for translators) and the wiki, is there a plan to translate the videos/DVD?
    Regards, 
    Juan 

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    fandez

September 2012
    One more thing:
    I don't have permissions to edit and translate wiki articles... what do I need to do? 
    I have created my account and I have confirmed my email... am I missing anything?
    Thanks!

Hola Juan,

Cual es su login en la wiki? Cual mensaje de error recibió?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    fandez

September 2012
    Hola Elifarley
    Hum... qué extraño.. pues sí, AHORA sí que puedo editar! :)
    ¿Alguna novedad respecto a la traducción de la web? ¿me enviarás los documentos?
    Un saludo,

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Beluga

September 2012
    I don't have a wiki account, but I'm interested, do you use this extension to translate: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Translate

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    fandez

September 2012
    Hi Beluga! Nice meeting you. 
    No, I didn't use that extension for the articles I have started to translate...but it seems super cool!
    I'm not a mediawiki expert, but I guess we need to install it in order to use it... maybe Elifarley can help us with that. 
    Are you a translator for the OSE prject?
    Regards!
    Juan 

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Beluga

September 2012
    No, I'm not a translator for OSE, but I tried out the MediaWiki system on Translatewiki.net and I found it to be really great. It has very solid version control and also nice translation memory. Here you can read about the latest victory from the creator of this amazing tool: http://laxstrom.name/blag/2012/09/07/translation-memory-all-wikimedia-wikis/ Niklas is like a demigod of open source localization tech in my eyes :)

Comments related to translation copied to the original spanish translation discussion:

Traducción al Español

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion