Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Aaron: Microfunding proposal
  • Aaron wrote:

Hi Guys,

Brad Lewis wants to volunteer to create a microfunding program that would allow true fans to upload a video into a template where they personally reach out to their contacts asking them to become true fans. His ideas are building off of what Nikolay was working on previously. He stated clearly, and reiterates in the video, that he would do this on a volunteer basis. 

If you approve, Marcin, he would request a wiki sandbox from Elifarley and create a prototype system along with a full proposal.

We think we can rapidly grow the true fans network with this method.

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • Ok, so I'll create a clone of the wiki where he can experiment. Once it's ready, I'll let you all know.

• Aaron wrote:

Thanks - Brad - it looks like a go for the sandbox - Elifarley will contact you (please cc me so I know it has gone through) when its ready

Thanks everyone,

Aaron

• Hi Brad,

I've just finished creating a copy of the wiki for you.

The sandbox can be seen at http://microfundingtest.openfarmtech.org/wiki/
    You can freely edit the wiki at the URL above - it won't propagate any changes to the official wiki.
    [...]
    Before being able to connect via SSH, you must send me your public key so that I can save it on the server.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

• Brad wrote:

Hi Elifarley,
    That's fantastic, thanks for the quick turnaround.
    I will start poking around on microfundingtest this week and let you know my public key for SSH when I figure it out.
    Cheers,
    Brad

• Brad wrote:

Hi Eli,
    Attached is a public key I generated on SSH.
    Let me know when it's in place and I'll try logging in.
    Cheers,
    Brad

---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
    Comment: "[2048-bit dsa, Brad Lewis@brad-desktop, Tue Jul 03 2012 04:5\
    0:14]"
    AAAAB3NzaC1kc3MAAAEBAOKkLEODZI9wqYpuqruMLV/GvfLAJmKpHmJ7S/1pKtUXhxnxUN
    ZcIkv8SoYQ/EvkOE1lNJ7YhscYjlYmX28X5cuozw0byCLjuXDu0PVqekZDG3/GliyK0FFZ
    tmpSaqleYJGweC0N25XG5mI3Wx4J5KUJWMUOkK6yBhoCQkHrdtDM4zrYLfvDNjHP9EgzaC
    XkbR+VMRlphWJQnHW0sl+HshBVqXTGnX4knS0jGutjkLicUtKK5z0/NGI/X8i9cyeXIphi
    tUVo6d1PcUXluPedKs5VLi4jPSVxopkV45F/drE0Eu4kDC1yD8ZI26JTvEuL+bbHxf257Q
    nXwEkJqhkXRiMAAAAVAK8obnvYd/bbNWpXsgyQXS0cUzFpAAABAQDX59kFmH84Upm0fwYQ
    OjKK+NeosIZAhzizHkZcr82uyGHQl/0Dz+ZkzcBeIu4MkoaeEbOxgSTm8hBn0BkFqo7C2y
    34qqcBVMyX05Q9RXJZNxKnYj1afyS+dFUlyahEzEoKmoIJ7jni2BQCFLGpcRJ3oQDSRktR
    ZzHVo8xnMVwTpTSHTYIMbckxt0Uno179M9o38kdkbIEKV6eV1euDU9F2lHfrobrvbiUFzL
    jMcwKYLyLB9812nZxh29lpwQlZRoCuKXS+raAzhuCKMqDMbNtq0GR6jPkl3FYXPqadCxoC
    7MUVg/XFLJX23MW0IGD8uZZ0ayargZ2a0MuuhUmfsWbhAAABAElV7BSGL8b2TIRz5bEsmi
    3H/Rlslx8V07peCI7eEtHA9A/E6eLAZ36JJTY+JWh1A+tykeSBjy6snl8h/2n1UxVVA/hO
    ysgA0SMxtvKpkOFtzpYh5zKxhTUaJlJIGOh+RDFi5Xl8xtf77fkGZl1Coebwn3ANNnJvlj
    S0nDvamnixDUfglceo5pr0uClU5NhBNoYV5zlCtx8cw72Or53VHGc5FRPgh351nW2uNbwI
    6wxfn8XvHaJ2GnWTjq9AWnB0NE+NRT+lqqtCbvCKkO3wCh3WEkcZaD8wo9mRfm41JfkyQl
    tn5TInVKYhrrtAacKPe250SdugEPwiZ2DDwoB9SCg=
    ---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----

• I've added your key, even though it doesn't look like a pub key in the standard format stored at ~/.ssh/authorized_keys (and also at ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub). Can you test it please?

Just for comparison, here's my ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub file:

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEA0xLgQW+DBl9rB3B1xpu7y+oo6WQLI29bh3j08WUn/ACIIt7kwjeY+Dnhkl/MDGVzDWmWI/Vpvd45MFpDbzECVsDsp75zhS5fAhEF9zOsfrgPivCJ1Z/AMyQmRl92ZVtnSRjTtEE1HwczlfxyaDkwiCLEWpjloOZFozp+aKGgcI3XuMPR4AIQ9zh/uphMDn6i70iQ4QjJjCOxdPKX5sCG8n3rHsFaZvDSBblOqW3ruv0dm/gs62MafA7Rjud6yv4UQvaCrsbsgPHnh9+0Y9BozfE0GNKan3pNWP9bFgcNMLfE8OcpZ0HzwiXs0pgVRarf2po/39ncdNdZSL9TQ9X90w== user@my.host

• I'll copy this email thread to the forum. Others can read it and perhaps give some suggestions.

• Aaron wrote:

Thanks Elifarley - Brad - will you follow up with me when we are further down the road? Thank you for your involvement.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion