Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Greetings from Bellingham Dan the Machinist
  • Hello everyone I am a machinining student in Bellingham, Washington. I am about to finish the first of my two year at Bellingham Technical College.I have knowledge on manual machining and CNC machinging. I have experience using Mastercam CAM software and have done some modeling in Solidworks. I am also looking at getting a seat of Autodesk Inventor and starting to learn some mechanical engineering outside of school. I look forward to helping with machinining related machines in the GVCS and CAM/CAD software.

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • I'm a farmer located in Kent, Washington currently trying to start an open source production team. I have shop and farm space ready to use. Right now I'm just getting started with this idea but I'm looking for people interested in building for GVCS.

• I would be interesting in possibly coming down for part of the summer and outside of that I could design CAD models and send then to you and machine parts you may need.

• Hi caseyhub, what types of projects do you envision working on in Kent?

• I think work over the summer is very possible! Right now I'm still trying to network and figure out exactly what the project will be! Haha. I'd like to work with factor e farm remotely, possibly replicate one or two of the gvcs machines or start prototyping one that hasn't been started.

Also I think working with local schools/universities is a great idea. Maybe I could start a new club at my community college and/or work with existing engineering or farming groups.

• I could see myself working on a lot of things in Kent just about what ever needed. I could help prototyping to some extent I am fairly mechanically minded and am going to be working on teaching myself mechanical engineering and learning some cad software beyond modeling. I also could obviously do machining if I have access to machines. I also know some about permaculture and I have I some a friend and know a couple of other people that have taught permaculture courses I'm sure I could get some pointers from and even get to come down to Kent and help a permaculture system. Basically I'm willing to do whatever job I'm most needed whether it's machining, construction, prototyping, farming, etc. I have a lot a drive to help see this project come to fruition so that I can help the world in my own way and one day be able to live one self sustaining co-operative that Isn't forced to really heavily in economies where it is placed at unfair disadvantage against corporations on government welfare and the like.

• I think the saw mill would be a good project to do in the pacific northwest. Lumber is an important resource here, and most people have trees on their property they could use to build structures.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion