Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Missing Tool: Wagon/Cart
  • Looking through your list of equipment, I think one thing you may be missing is a cart or wagon of some sort. Granted, you do have the truck, but the bed is at least 3 feet in the air making hauling, equipment moving, animal transportation, etc. somewhat more difficult. It could be towed behind any of your other vehicles for flexibility and would allow for a portable platform that could be parked and not rely on one of your "power cubes". It could have different configurations could be more open like a trailer for loading equipment or have sides added for hauling grains, hay, rocks and bricks. Good ideas and direction so far on your project and I wish you continued success.

-Billy

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    mjnmjn

April 2011
    A simple trailer for the LifeTrac wouldn't be difficult to create, I think. I also noted the lack of a cart/trailer of some kind.

• In much of the developing world, there's a kind of cart made by combining the motor and drive wheels and handlebars of a cultivator/rototiller with a cart made from the solid axle (and sometimes suspension) of a truck.
    The driver sits on the front edge of the cart's bed or stands on the hitch and holds the handlebars.
    These little powerhouses are ubiquitous.
    Combining the MicroTrac and a cart would make a similar, useful vehicle. Adding a tilt-dump hydraulic cylinder to dump loads would make it _very_ useful for moving heavy bulk loads like earth.

• I suppose if you have all the other tools you would be able to make a cart.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged