Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Open Source Car - interesting and cheap desing by a teenager !
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    pucek

January 2012
    Hello everyone,

I know the Open Source Car is not one of priorities right now, but I have found something interesting, check it out:

This car looks easy to build, it would be even more practical with a powercube as an energy source inside.

Maybe we should contact him? He seems to be very creative with his projects and represents simillard philosophy, maybe he would like to publish his designs on our wiki.

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • The powercube probably weighs more than that car! :-)

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    pucek

January 2012
    I've just noticed that this is uncesary discussion, if it's not a problem please move my post to this discussion and delete the topic.

Thank you and sorry for messing on the forum.

• Why do you say that? I personally thought it was a pretty cool creation.

My initial comment was regarding the fact that the power cube is actually very heavy and will probably never make sense in a passenger vehicle (unless as someone else suggested it's somehow added as part of the actual frame of the vehicle.)

I think that tricycle is cool, very minimalist, but I don't think it could benefit from the GVCS heavy duty industrial strength components (read: insanely heavy and over engineered for hard use).

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    pucek

January 2012
    I know eukreign :) it wasn't because of your comment, I think it is not good to have two separated discussions concerning the same project :) I havent seen the other discussion about it when I started this one, and it will be better to fuse them together before they'll develop in separated way

• Discussion moved from the "GVCS Development" to the "Open Source Car" category.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion