Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
ARAS Open Source PDM Server
  • Does anyone have any input they can provide on utilizing the open source PLM tool ARAS? (www.aras.com)

I'm specifically looking for input from designers/engineers/IT professionals that have used it in their workplace and can comment on it's viability for OSE in terms of controlling the CAD data, creating a CAD repository and web based feedback channels for design improvements/changes.

Thanks!
    - Mike

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Just looked at the demo and website and it sure looks promising. As of now I dont see a clear depository where all the projects are located. Some data and information can be found on the wiki but most is still vague. I think indeed that one location where everything is stored and can be connected to would be the best solution. As for now as I am moving from place to place I cannot host any proper depository. A down side for this piece of software can be that it uses windows server and not linux as this is the more common part or did I miss something? 

As I cannot help in the real building part I sure can help in finding better IT solutions and development methods. Maybe it is wise to setup a team for anything Web/IT/Design related parts for the OSE?

• Hi Xienixs,

You can take a look at this wiki page:

• Thanks I'll look into that

edit:

• Yes Xienixs, that was the issue with ARAS right now as we don't have access to a windows server. We COULD pay for one, but without trialing it first it would be a waste of money. If anyone out there reading this has a windows server that could load up the software on as a temporary trial that would be greatly appreciated.

• Just stumbled across this one: http://www.graebert.com/en/cad/ares/99

still looking into it but this might be an issue:

convert the downloaded trial into a licensed full version for 795,00 € (plus VAT). For USD pricing please contact our order desk directly.

Maybe they can sponsor us?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged