Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Intro from Dawg
  • Hello everyone.

My name is Damien and I'm here to help. I truly believe OSE is the future. Our world needs this and so much more. If we can just reach critical mass in terms of participation we will begin to create the new world we all need.

I have a variety of skills, primarily based in technology. A jack of all trades sort of fellow by nature, I am a voracious learner. I've worked in metal fabrication and mechanics off and on most of my professional life. I have many years of welding under my belt. I've designed and built several machines over the years, taking projects from conception to finished prototype many times.

Here is one of them: http://www.gendrontec.com/projects.htm

More recently my background is in CNC Machining. At the moment I work in the Film Industry in Vancouver British Columbia as a Special Effects Technician and Props Builder. I excel in these departments because I have such a variety of transferable skills. I have solid computer knowledge (IBM PC) as it applies to 3D modeling, CAD/CAM and general graphics. I am an Advanced Class Amateur Radio operator. I have a firm grasp of electronics. Having worked so much in the CNC world I have had significant exposure to the control circuitry involved.

Last but not least I am a great 3D Mechanical Draftsman. This is where I think I could be most helpful right now? Programs I have used include AutoCad, Solidworks, Rhino, ArtCam, MasterCAM and many more.

I look forward to working with you all on something I feel this passionate about. Feel free to contact me with any ideas dawgenca(at)shaw.ca. I would be interested in creating a local OSE chapter.

Lets do this!

Damien

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Welcome! Glad to have another Canuck on board. I'm in Onterrible (but not Toronto)

Looks like you've got a great set of skills for starting a lil OSE chapter. Perhaps there should be a discussion about how these chapters can form up in different cities.

• Hello Damien and welcome to the Team!

Can you fill out the Team Culturing Survey so that you share also in the Wiki who you are and how would you like to contribute to the project?
    http://openfarmtech.org/wiki/Team_Culturing

Greetings,
    Nikolay

• Hmm....It seems as though I can't use the Forums log on to get into the Wiki. I'll have to read about it when I get the chance.

The Dawg

• Greetings Damien from a fellow Vancouver citizen! I hope you still come here and see this as I'd love to meet up with someone who obviously has a lot of experience in the fields I'm interested in (I'm finishing my C level welding ticket for instance).

contact me via PM if you'd like to meet up sometime

• PM'd

• Dawg, just wanted to say that I have been browsing the forum and I appreciate the contributions you have been making.

• Thanks ARG. I have been watching you also and suspect we have been bitten by the same "bug"....:)

Cheers and welcome to the group.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged