Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
CEB Rollers animation
  • Things have been crazy here at Factor e Farm and I apologize for not getting much done documentation-wise.  There's been a pro videographer onsite who is leaving today, but there's another pro videographer taking over, and most of the "documentation" work I have been doing has been to support them, shooting video and writing scripts.  I've come to realize the videos should be the front line ... I can create written documentation from information in the videos, but its rather hard to shoot video from just written documentation.

Anyhow, I've been tinkering around with Sketchup and, in addition to some earlier models for things that aren't yet complete, I created a sketchup model of some rollers Factor e Farm had a friendly machine shop (Sweiger's) design and make.  I created the Sketchup model based on its measurements, and have played around with creating an animation loop:

It isn't 100% accurate, especially the rollers themselves, but Sketchup doesn't lend itself well to curves and measuring the little "in" spaces is rather difficult.  The overall dimensions are correct, though.

I am trying to put it on the wiki, but the wiki is being uber-laggy.

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    mjnmjn

October 2011
    Nice animation, Howard.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

• mjn October 2011

Tagged