Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Renting in Maysville, MO
  • Anyone know what the housing situation is like in the area near Factor e Farm?

Are there any apartments or houses for rent within a reasonable distance? What are the prices like?

• 9 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    dorkmodorkmo

October 2011
    there arnt any appartment complexes or anything in maysville. i think there might be a few places to rent but its like u have to call a number on a sign someone puts out front. could ask a realtor in the area maybe not sure. cameron would have some places for sure, its a 20+ min drive. no idea on prices.

• http://stjoseph.craigslist.org/apa/2619362257.html

Housing is cheap around here.

Maysville has more than it needs, but as a result, it is both cheap and there is little market to rent it out in.  As a result you're as likely to find a house that is vacant and unused as available to rent.

• Thanks for the info.

We have some life changes coming up and trying to decide what we want to do for the next couple of years.

I definitely want to participate in Factor e Farm so the choice is between moving near you guys and working directly there - or - taking classes/joining a techshop or hackerspace here to learn and then building my own shop at home.

Both options have their pros and cons. Moving near Factor e Farm would definitely be the most immersive and productive option from the looks of it but would require a lot of planning and uprooting even if only for a year or so.

• The pony express RV park is around the corner, about 2 miles away.  You might consider that as an option too, if for some reason you don't want to (or can't) live onsite.

• I don't have a problem with living on site. The thing is that I need to keep my current telecommuting job. I have a relatively flexible schedule and can reduce hours worked but I can't afford to outright quit. I don't think it would be fair for me to take up room at Factory e Farm if I can only contribute 60%-70% of my time while someone else could contribute 100%.

If I find a house for rent and it has room I could even get room mates and we'd have even more living quarters for Factory e Farm participants.

Anyways, my plans are still very much up in the air. I would also like to visit for a week to see what it will be like before I commit to this, maybe end of October or early December.

• We needs help building with bricks!  Come, help build!

• I'm assuming by end of October and early December you'll be done with most of that stuff.

I could try to come earlier but it'd have to be for a much shorter period of time. My window of opportunity would be leaving on a Saturday evening and returning Tuesday early afternoon.

Is there a particular week that would make the most sense for me to do that?

We should probably take this conversation offline and discuss privately. My email is eukreign at gmail.

• Methinks Eukreign is saying October when he means November.

• You are correct Sir!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged