Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
  • Does anyone have a title block for drawings done up? I've gone through the old posts and website and there was talk of this but nothing finalized it seems. If there isn't I'll start putting together a standard block for different paper sizes A/B/C/D/E in DXF so that it can be imported into any program. 

• 15 Comments sorted by
  • That sounds like a good idea. Go for it.

• Do you know if there are there any vector based OSE logos? It would be useful to have a simplified one that will print well in black and white vs the official raster one on the wiki here: http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Logo

Do we have any graphic designers reading this that can help out with this?

• I asked for one earlier but didn't see any posted.  I wanted to use it for the to-be-printed .PDF documentation I was trying to create at the time.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    ROB_B

October 2011
    If you need blank iso or ansi title blocks for each size to start with let me know and I can export them to dxf.

• Hey Rob yes please throw them on here, that would be a great starting point. I'm gone all weekend so will get to doing this on Monday.
    Thanks!

• like this?

Attachments
    OSE logo OSE_vectorized.dxf 1M
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    ROB_B

October 2011
    ANSI title blocks, sizes A B C D E

Attachments
    ANSI TITLE BLOCKS.zip 44K
  • @Jiff64138
    Yes that's the direction I'd like to head. Could you try to clean it up a bit? End result needs to be a clean black and white vector image that still captures the main essence of the current logo. I tried playing around a bit with some other free world vector images to help but I'm not very good with vector stuff. See attached for a picture of how far I got and I've also attached some of the world vector images I found online that could work with a bit of modification.

Attachments
    Logo-Partial.JPG 32K
    Globe_World_Map_Set.zip 2M
    shutterstock_21205000.zip 1M
  • here is a bit cleaner version.

Attachments
    oselogo_vectorized101811_001.svg 46K
  • Awesome! That looks great thanks. Could you do one more with the globe showing North America and South America? May be cool to have the logo representative of where the work for a particular project is being done.

• All,

Here's a preliminary title block for drawings. Could you please critique and let me know what you think should change? 

Once we get a final version of this almost locked down then I'll expand it out to all the paper sizes and make another format for sheet 2 and onward which would just have the minor details like dwg no, rev and sheet number.

Attachments
    ANSI B - Title Block for Review.pdf 60K
    ANSI B - Title Block For Review - DWG file.zip 327K
  • like this?

Attachments
    ose logo 101911-2.svg 143K
  • Looks good for colour but could you make it more black and white like the one in the pdf I attached?

• Here's a slightly modified version of the title block. I've gone ahead and edited the wiki here: http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Development_Team/CAD_Team to include it. I'll upload the other sizes after this weekend to see if anyone has any revisions or what not.

Attachments
    ANSI B - Title Block for Review.pdf 64K
  • had trouble finding a free to use jpg of the western hemisphere with clear skys, so i had to make my own. not as good results.image

Attachments
    102711 ose logo.png 97K
    102711 ose logo.svg 13K

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged