Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Power Cube 4 documentation.
  • I'm trying to get detailed build drawings put together for the Power Cube 4 design. It's a good test for the current documentation that I can't draw it with what is out there.

I've been able to draw the outside frame(for the most part), the engine bracket(Chis mentioned there was a design change when they where being built), and the hydrolic tank(without the hydrolic connectors).

The BOM lacks some of the parts shown in the 3d model videos.

The existing model is in a format I can't use. I can use FreeCAD files or DWG, DXF files. I don't need the models if I can get the information I need to make my own.

Chris said I should disregard the cylinders listed on the BOM, however some of those seem to be the connectors.

It would be nice to get a flow diagram of the operation fo the power cube even if a hand drawn sketch that I could work off of.

Any help and some pictures of the finished version 4 power cube would be helpful.

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Its the interface between the power cube and the things around it that matter.

1. how does it attach to the unit it works with, what are the limits of its size

2. where do the hoses attach, and at what vector, and what form factor

3. how do we control the unit externally (like a throttle position/power percentage request, or a pressure-is-demanded toggle...)

As to how what is layed out inside that cube, it seems kind of irrelevant - if you were going to make a powercube for my tractor, it just needs to fit-and-attach, it doesn't matter how things are designed or implemented *within* that block.

In fact,I can't help but wonder if the sizing of the hydraulic reservoir is more related to the equipment that its attached to than the powercube itself, thus dictating that the power cube provide a connection TO/from the reservoir, rather than provide one itself (necessarily)

• While true in a general sense that the internals of the power cube don't matter as far as how it relates to other components in the GVCS it does matter from a micro-manufacturer point of view that you have standardized repeatable parts. So, if a person buys a Power Cube from one micro-manufacturer that only conforms to the power cube in size and connectors then when something happens with it you can't order parts from anyone but that one micro-manufacturer which pretty much defeats the purpose IMHO.

I can't speak to design as I'm not the designer of the Power Cube I'm just a guy working on creating documentation for it.

Also, your comment doesn't have much to do with helping me create documentation. I'd like to keep answers to just what I asked not to why I asked them.

• @PipeManMusic - "Also, your comment doesn't have much to do with helping me create documentation"

I wish I had something useful to tell you.  Many have come before you.  Good luck with that....:)

The Dawg

• http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=f5782f201939cd77fbe36493ab49fe3

This model is measurements of the interface between the power cube and the tractors.

• The flows in simple diagrams.

FLUID:

high pressure hydraulic supply hose <- hydraulic pump <- hydraulic reservoir <- low pressure hydraulic return hose

FUEL:

Engine <- Fuel Tank

TORQUE:

Hydraulic pump <- Engine

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged