Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
supporting human self-organization at Factor e Farm
  • I hear via Nick at the Sarapis Foundation (who I'm visiting right now) that some of my people skills might be of use at Factor e Farm. I'm also interested in helping Factor e Farm use Holistic Management, if y'all have any interest there (especially useful right now for infrastructure planning, I think). My experience in this realm includes being part of a 6-person collective running The Ecovillage Training Center in 2009, living in various collective households, taking the 2009 Carbon Farming Course, and working in Gaia University. Some of what I can offer:
    • * conversations to help individuals and groups figure out their current situation, their vision, and paths towards their vision. (vision clarification; action learning and healing pathway design)
    • * day-to-day action management support, including GTD-style tracking.
      (some friends/clients call this "executive enabling," like an executive
      assistant)
    • * conflict mediation, and activities to help keep communication flowing so fewer conflicts arise.
    • * reflect your situation back to you in bioregional terms (kind of like Transition Towns, permaculture, community organizing, with a Gaia-sort-of-worldview)
    • * community outreach and relationship building, as a piece of bioregional mapping
    • * in a perhaps-more-abstract way: I offer integration, helping integrate people with themselves, each other, and the rest of the ecosystem/universe.
    I can offer this via Internet, and also have the possibility of coming to Factor e Farm if that seems useful.

(I also intend to take the GVCS/OSE/libre-everything show on the road in Argentina in August.)

My offering is flexible, and my skills range in other directions too.

Who do I get in touch with to see if the Factor e Farm crew can utilize me?

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Everything comes back to Marcin.

• For what its worth, I think you'd be phenomenally useful in any situation like the FactorE. 

• I just found out about the Factor e Farm convergence, and I might be available to come to all or part of it if my skills are requested. I think I could be very useful there, helping to increase the productivity and enjoyment of folks at convergence.

@DavidIAM, thanks for your reflection! Let me know if there are any other places you think I'd be useful -- I'm mostly nomadic right now and I find great satisfaction in being well-utilized.

• I'll be sure to let you know if I think of any thing, Patrick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion