Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Wiki embedded math equations
  • I am working on some wiki changes right now and am trying to embed equations into the article I am working on.  However I just get the text of the formulas in the preview as math mode is not enabled on the wiki.  From the wiki math syntax page:

"To have math rendered in a particular MediaWiki installation, one has to set $wgUseTeX = true; in LocalSettings.php."

There is a bit more information at the link there under the section 'LaTeX inline equations'.

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Also, the equations on the wiki pertain to a spreadsheet full of calculations.  I know there are at least a couple links to spreadsheets scattered throughout the wiki as well.  It would be nice to also have .ods and .xls added to the list of allowed file types.

• Hi Andrew,

I have enabled uploads of xls and ods files.

I've also activated $wgUseTeX and compiled texvc, so all should be fine now.<br>

• Cool.  Sorry to bug you on your userpage but it had been couple days and I thought maybe you didn't see the forum post.

• No problem at all!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged