Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Image and Logo use
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    SethSeth

August 2012
    Hi, I would like to use imagery and the OSE logo for a website on innovations I'm helping to build for The Boston Foundation (www.tbf.org). The imagery will accompany a short writeup of the program.

Specifically, I want to use this tractor image. I'm not sure if this image itself is in the public domain (these issues are somewhat confusing to me).

http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/LifeTrac

Also, I would like to use the Logo
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Open_Source_Ecology_logo.jpg

However, for thumbnails, I'll need a square version, I was thinking of editing it to just show the earth part, above the lettering.

Is this o.k.?

Please advise.

Thank you,

- Seth

Seth J. Itzkan
    Planet-TECH Associates
    240B Elm Street, Suite B1
    Somerville, MA 02144
    www.planet-tech.com
    617-996-9157
    Trends • Innovations • Opportunities

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • As far as I know. Marcin has specifically said that anyone who wants to help OSE is a team member, and team members can do whatever they want, including using the OSE name and symbols. It would be a good idea to point out what your relationship, if any, actually is with OSE.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    SethSeth

August 2012
    Thanks. You could say I'm an admirer and advocate  I'm helping to build a website that will highlight innovative projects from around the world, and OSE is one we'd like to mention. Otherwise, I have no other relationship with OSE.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged