Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Going totally open source for a whole year in Berlin
  • I'm here to learn about how Open Source Ecology works, and promote the project to get more people involved.
    I'm also interested in the documentation and standardisation process being used here which I plan to replicate for my (much smaller scale) projects. When I say much smaller scale, I'm not so much talking about hand-drills rather than well-drilling rigs, I'm more focused on Open Source Socks, Open Source beard trimmers etc...
    I'm trying to spend an entire year 'living' open source - abandoning traditionally copyrighted products and finding, using or developing only open source hardware, software, services, shoes, toothpaste... everything. It's the subject of a series of web videos (you can find out more by watching the video here: http://www.indiegogo.com/yearofopensource )
    The project starts August 1 and I want to meet up with the OSE Germany team, make videos about what they're doing and basically get people as excited about OSE as I am.
    I'm from New Zealand, so my native language is English, but feel free to write/comment in Spanish or German as well!

Any suggestions you may have for interesting projects would be fantastic, and any OSE people who are in or around Berlin, please get in touch!
    (also, Marcin has been 'honoured' with a place in the 2013 Open Source Calendar (Swimsuit Edition) - check it out...)

Although my video project is only a 1-year project, I hope to be involved with Open Source Ecology for the long term, it's a marvelous project and although I don't have an engineering background, I hope my skills can be useful to the project in other ways.
    Sam Muirhead

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • I hope you reach your funding goal and I have tried to spread the news. At least with IndieGoGo one gets something.. Wikispeed recently failed to reach their goal: http://www.indiegogo.com/C3

• I maintain a blog about open source hardware and it sounds like you'll have to deal with that a lot if you want to replace everything with an open source alternative. I'll plug the project and hopefully you'll get to do it.
    www.openalia.wordpress.com

• nice blog, Matt! I'll be returning to it often...

• Thats a great blog Matt! Ill be checking in on it often!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion