Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Fab Lab for Haiti
  • Hi guys,

I haven't been around these forums for a while. In 2010 and 2011 I helped OSE, mostly with documenting the tools.

I'm now working in Port-au-Prince in Haiti. I work with a group called Haiti Communitere, and we have a workshop, but I'd like to expand it with more digital capacities; it is currently just welding and woodworking and that old-fashioned stuff, no CNC.

In other words, I want to build a Fab Lab in Port-au-Prince. I could use some help with picking out the right tools. I understand that MIT Fab Labs cost about $50k, but I'd like to spend less than $20k. I'm wondering what tools we can leave out, and what ones we can replace with open-source versions.

I've never done any actual digital fabrication myself - I'm more of a project coordinator type guy - so I'd love to chat to someone who's got experience in digital fabrication and working in Fab Labs.

Thanks,
    Conor

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down September 2012
    Hi Connors,
    Your project is interesting and would like to know more
    , is it possible to discuss with you by mail ?
    Loïc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion