Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
WWOOF/HelpX
  • I've been trying to find out if/how one can volunteer (WWOOF-like arrangement) at FeF, but I can't seem to locate anything with much clarity. Is this possible?

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Thomas,

Please go to our main wiki page and click on "First Steps" (just below "Get Involved").

On the new page that loads, search for "Collaborate on the Farm"

• Thanks.

I didn't see a host on the WWOOF website, so I decided to ask on the forum. I should have clicked on all of the links at the bottom of that heading. I feel a bit embarrassed because I also found that FeF is set up as a host on Help Exchange just a few minutes after posting.

• Thomas,

What heading are you referring to? Can you post the URL ?

Thanks!

• Perhaps I should have used the word "section" instead of "heading," but I was referring to the text directly below "Collaborate on the Farm" on the "Get Involved" page. At the bottom of that section, it has five links (Wiserearth, Idealist, GrowFood, WWOOF, and Growing Growers Kansas City). Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything referencing OSE on the WWOOF or Growing Growers Kansas City websites and I didn't see anything related directly to recruitment on the Wiserearth or the GrowFood sites. I did find information at the Idealist site (http://www.idealist.org/view/event/Pp6cP3X2G3cp/) and on the unlisted Help Exchange site (http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostid=12686&network=5).

I went through a great deal of the Wiki and the forum, but I couldn't find clear answers to two questions: are relatively unskilled* people needed and whom should I contact? The protocol for getting in contact with OSE was very clear when it came to people that have special knowledge, skills, or connections. It was also very clear when it came to potential employment, work days, paid visits, and project-based visits. I gathered that I should probably get in contact with Tom Bamford through his personal e-mail address or the recruitment e-mail address listed in his Team Culturing Profile. It insinuated somewhere else that people are recruited based upon their responses to the Team Culturing Survey, so I'm going through the process of filling that in. Do you know if these conclusions are wrong?

I still don't know for certain that unskilled people are wanted/needed when it comes to living on-site, but I figured someone would probably let me know once I expressed my interest more directly and described my semi-useful experience/knowledge/abilities. I imagine that I'll also be able to get information related to food, housing, responsibilities, etc. because I have found some conflicting information in those areas.

*By "unskilled," I mean that I am lacking the knowledge and/or experience to manage a project.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged