Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Hi, Pasindu from Toronto
  • Hi, I'm Pasindu and I'm an engineering student at Ryerson University in
    Toronto. I'm very much interested in taking part in learning about
    transitioning to a more sustainable economy and, more importantly, a
    more sustainable social system. I became aware of today's social
    problems mainly through the Zeitgeist Movement and the Venus Project,
    but expanded my horizon to include Michael Ruppert, TransitionsUSA, and now open-source ecology. I'm in Toronto and my area of studies is in
    electrical engineering and I want to apply this knowledge in building
    sustainable energy and perhaps food systems as well (like hydroponics
    farming, designing new power systems). I was hoping OSE
    would have job opportunities, since I'd much rather use my knowledge for
    good rather than wasting away my skills in designing and building more
    useless consumer junk that inevitably turns to waste in a short period. I
    look forward to being active in OSE.

I'd definitely like to get in contact with anyone who is currently working as an engineer (preferably electrical) and learn about the requirements and what I need to do.

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Well, OSE isn't doing a great job of pulling volunteers in to help on actual development. There is this page (that hasn't been updated in a while) 
    http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Get_involved
    My suggestion is to start working on a machine, or a piece of a machine, that interests you. Then just update the wiki with your work. Or you can propose a Dedicated Project Visit to the FeF farm (if they're still doing those). At some point they'll start recruiting people to work on the project teams (I assume) so maybe hang around and watch for that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion