Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
convention ose booth?
  • heyo

i was thinking i might run a small booth at a festival in my hometown.

http://tulsaevofest.com/

i figured i could bring print outs of machine build instructions and some flyers.

thought about making a scale model lifetrac out of square dowel rods

what are some ideas for stuff to bring or show?

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • A laptop playing one or more OSE videos. The introductory video on loop would be good especially if you can put it on a TV.  Marcin's TED talk would work. The D&H Tractor guys have a decent video that is a good example of independent replication, and it's for a good cause.
    Copies of the DVD document. Ideally on disc, but print outs would be good too. 
    Cheap: business cards (or tear-off flyers or something) with the main URLs for all the information on OSE so people can follow up later at home.
    Maybe one of those stupid square barcodes with a link to OSE's main webpage for the one person who has the app to use it.
    If you've got some time maybe you could build a lego version of the LifeTrac or CEB press or something so people can see it "work."
    Maybe FeF can mail you a block they pressed.
    Perhaps FeF can put together an up-to-the-minute "tour" of the current conditions at FeF so people can see what's going on right now.
    Maybe you can find someone in the area with a RepRap who will come set up at your booth or next to you. The RepRap, and the Arduino it's based on, is a great example of how well open source technology can work when it gets a dedicated community developing it. 

I'll try to think of other stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion