Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
What I am working on for Agroecology
  • Hello folks. I have not been around for quite some time, other than lurking to see how things are going. I have not been idle though, and I still want to help make this a reality. I have been getting certifications in organic agriculture through the Veteran's Sustainable Agriculture Training Course, and soon will have an aquaponics certification, and hopefully shortly after that a permaculture certification. Soon, perhaps as soon as May, I would like come out with a team of individuals of a similar mindset to do a project and start gaining skills to help develop GVCS in developing nations in South America in conjuction with USAid, an opportunity I was presented with at the VSAT course. I have also been afforded an opportunity that should be able to help me bootstrap OSE in the near future and do replication in the mid to long term. As I am no longer up to my eyeballs will school and occupy stuff, I will be able to help on the online documentation, especially related to Agriculture and environmental stuff. Hope to be of service.

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Some of the individuals I've been working with include a 30 year Marine Corp vet that does beekeeping and , a couple of other vets heavily involved in zeitgeist movement, and some guys working on using arduino for greenhouse controls.

On a karmic level, helping vets help themselves and helping make the world a better place is something that wood be a boon to society. The VSAT training does that, and it is my feeling that helping create the GVCS and replicating it as a real solution to the Scarcity/war model, and the veterans that I have engaged seem to feel the same. Here is their TEDx talk about it. Perhaps this could be the way to train agroecologists? http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=-BaYf6J7_AQ&v=-BaYf6J7_AQ&gl=US

• Cool. If you want to visit the farm to do something specific search the wiki for a "dedicated project visit" and there should be instructions. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion