Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
OSE e a moradia e educação no Brasil (de Andrew Deneault)
  • Mensagem de Andrew Deneault:

Oi Elifarley,

Eu estou em Toronto, Canadá. Eu vou para o Rio de Janeiro, em poucos mesesme oferecer como voluntário numa ONG chamada Casa do Caminho. Esta foi a melhor maneira de permanecer no país por um período prolongado(Não consegui obter um visto non-tourist).

Eu sou um empreendedor social. Meu objetivo é seguir o tema da OSE, e aplicá-lo à habitação e educação. O custo de vida está aumentando, no Brasil, e a habitação está se movendo para além do alcance da pessoa média. Eu quero criar 
    projetos open-source modulares, com materiais disponíveis localmente, que exigem pouca ou nenhuma habilidade para construir.

Gostaria de inicialmente me concentrar nos morros, onde há uma maior exigência para tal aplicaçãoMas eu gostaria depois que outras pessoas, em outros países, também pudessem repetir os nossos sucessose adotar essa ideia.

Há ainda muita investigação a fazer, porque o projeto deve ser abraçado e apoiado pela comunidadeEu pretendo gastar meu tempo livre, entendendo o que eles queremE aprender PortuguêsEu entendo e falo um pouco mas nao muito bem.

Boa tarde,

Andrew Deneault

Original message:

Oi Elifarley,

I'm in Toronto, Canada.  I'll be heading to Rio de Janeiro, in a few months, to volunteer with an NGO, named Casa do Caminho.  This was the best way to stay in the country for an extended period.  (I'm unable to get a nontourist visa)

I am a social entrepreneur.  My goal is to follow the theme of Open Source Ecology, and apply it to housing and schooling.  The cost of living is increasing, in Brazil, and affordable housing is moving beyond the reach of the average person.  I want to create modular, open-source designs, with locally-available materials, which require little or no skill to construct.

I would initially focus in the morros, where there is a greater requirement for such an application.  But I would eventually like other people, in other countries, to repeat our successes, and adopt this idea.

There is still much research to do, because the project must be embraced and supported by the community.  I plan to spend my free time, understanding what they want.  And learning Portuguese.  Eu entendo e falo um pouco mas nao muito bem.

Boa tarde,

Andrew Deneault

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter