Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Andy from Poland
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Andy

February 2012
    Hello everybody.
    I really like the idea of bottom up approach to building a modern small scale society literally from scratch. Browsing the wiki I couldn't help but think about one of my favorite games of all time - Civilization. ;)

As for my self I live in Poland .. unfortunately this means I won't be able to contribute physically any time soon to any of your projects. I studied architecture but ended up doing 3D graphics, games, animations etc for a living.

All the best and fingers crossed.

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • You can definitely contribute physically. Machines can be prototyped anywhere in the world. You can build documentation to be published so others can replicate the machines. Your experience with modeling and coding could be exceptionally useful because all of the machines need CAD modeling and it always lags behind. 

• Thanks for the info. I've actually found a group in Poland called Cohabitat which is involved in building a "man-powered" version of the CEB press and AFAIK Marcin visited them last year for some eco-housing event. I'm just surprised they aren't involved here, nor is there any mention of their existence in the wiki link.

Here's their website if anyone is interested
    http://www.cohabitat.net/ - the English version is not working by the way .. :)

• When I followed the link Chrome gave me this warning screen, "www.cohabitat.net contains content from kevwillsoft.com, a site known to distribute malware."
    Alerts- Detected Blackhole exploit kit v1.2 HTTP GET request
    - Detected Live Blackhole exploit kit

• Andy
    I don't to be rude  ;)
    here is your cohabitat on ose: cohabitat

However I have to say: find something (even you know it is here) on ose is bloody.....

• Hi @Sensor,

Can you test the OSE custom search page?

I'd like to know if you have any suggestions to make the OSE custom search page any better.

Thanks!

• OK - I will

My first impression was: trouble with navigation - maybe this is just wikipedia (I'm using wikipedia.org 95% as search engine result and I think 99% people do that same way)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion