Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Stephen Pahl from Solarmax Farm
  • this message was sent by Stephen Pahl:

I see by reading the OSE's Wiki that your hoping to create a farm in the near future of resonable size that should be able to feed between 100 – 200 people using sustainable permaculture practices. Be easily reproducible, widely adaptable, using low & high tech, offering a wide variety of crops & livestock, provides genebanking facilities and capable of year round harvest

Well then, I guess I should tell you about Solarmax Farm ( www.solarmaxfarm.com ), a 4 year design process, completed, backed up with over 20 years of research and designed specificity to address all of those issue and a whole lot more. Solarmax has also been designed and configured to offer Agricultural Study and Research facilities, onsite or online Education & Training programs and provide for Public Outreach programs & public relation efforts.

I'd like to offer Solarmax Farm's design as jumping off point for OSE's Farm Design and would like to offer my help in developing a design for your location. If I can be of service, don't hesitate to contact me.

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Another important piece to the big puzzle. There is no point having all these abilities and nothing to do. In the end, having smart home designs and solid farming/ranching techniques, is one of the whys of what we're doing.

Welcome Stephen.

The Dawg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged