Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Links to projects outside OSE
  • Hi all!.

Its been a long time since I've been on here, being wrapped up in local community stuff. It seems this forum is either currently dead, or is sleeping very heavily. I was hoping to come across an up to date list of open source projects that you wonderful people are doing, but alas I could not find one. So, if there is anyone still here I would greatly appreciate it if you could post a link to your websites in this thread and a brief description of the project.

Thank you!!

• 9 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    roli

October 2014
    This forum is not only dead: it was murdered (intentionally killed) by moving the link to the forum from the main page to the middle of the wiki page. I tried to discuss this here right after it happened with limited success. After that the forum went downhill fast. Obviously some decision taker does not appreciate controversial discussions.
    Perhaps a fall back to not so old east-european-behind-iron-curtain-habits??
    Or fear of loosing institutional or conservative donators if political aspects of the project are discussed? Well if the representative of this project publicly shook the hand of the US president he has entered the political stage in the first place, hasn't he?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    DanialDanial

January 2015
    Thanks for the info roli. It really too bad. I have never seen so many bright minds and open discussion about a variety of topics as on this forum. Do you know if there was another forum set up somewhere after this one tanked? Did everyone just disperse slowly or was there an effort to create a new home?

• Do you think an alternative forum would be good? I'd be more than happy to set one up but I'm not sure people will use it.

Has there actually been any real censorship on this forum where posts were deleted?

What would you like to see happen in a potential OSE Underground forum?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    DanialDanial

January 2015
    Hi eukreign,

I am in the process of setting one up now and should have it up and running soon. I doubt it will get much traffic, at least for a while. It will probably be a place for me to stuff open source project links and info until people start using it haha. I will put the link to OSE in the links section, but will obviously call the forum something else. Ill post a link to it here when it is up and running.

• Hi guys,

I've been busy with other stuff, but I guess I can give this forum some more attention.

There are about 800 applicants waiting for approval to join the forum, but most of them are just spam messages. I'll see if I can start deleting them.

And no, I have not deleted any message here, except for obvious spam bot messages.

So I guess this forum could be brought to full steam again.

• /\ Thanks for letting me in! I have been on that list for months waiting to get in. I have the same question as the OP, what is the current status on the GVCS, anything on the wiki has not been updated since 2012. Has it been finished and more added? From what I can tell around here, the CEB Press got popular but not much else.

And if you need help weeding through those applicants, I am more then willing to give you a hand. I want as many people to be able to work on this project as possible. Lets try to resurrect this forum.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    DanialDanial

February 2015
    If we can continue to use this forum  it would be nice to have it active once again!

• /\ Link is down. I can probably get a full name instead of a free one if you want. I'll look around, In the meantime I have this link in my downloads everyone might be interested in:

http://woodgears.ca/

It has all kinds of projects for woodworking tools and other things made out of wood, check it out. I think it would be amazing if we could get these communities to team up.

EDIT: It looks like it is just this one guy who made all of these, amazing.
    EDIT2: I looked up some domains and found a good one that is pretty cheap. I can get the domain if you want, but I may need some help designing the webpage. (I'm not going to post the domain name here as this forum is public enough that someone could get it first. If you have a suggestion for a domain name or would like to see what I have found send me a PM)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion