Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Hydraulic Supplier Sources
  • I have been reviewing the parts for the CEB press, and I see the main cost is the main hydraulic press, it is about 500-700 for the single part and seems to be the main working and moving part in the CEB.

So, I have been looking for sources, and I have compiled a big list of them and written to very many,
    you will find the emails and addresses and websites, and also I broke down two of the parts into all the details so you can see. I chose suppliers close to kansas city when there was a tossup.

of course ordering from china, india or turkey might be the most cost effective, but to do so, we would have to pool the orders together, so i would like to see if we can find a way to standardize on a set of hydraulic cylinders for the various items and order them in bulk.

see my first results here :

It also occurs to me to setup an instance of a sugarcrm or openerp to manage the suppliers and part lists.

mike

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • I have gotten some replies, there are some issues here.

1. The max rating of 4000 PSI is questionable, one person said that the entire system might not be able to hold up to that.
    2. I can get a cylinder with a Max rating of 3000 psi. The Rod size would be 2". The specification was for a 2 + 3/4" rod size and 4000 psi, would that be usable? 
    3. In order to get good prices we would have to order quantities of 10 even 25 +.

• Have you looked at Surplus Center?
    http://www.surpluscenter.com/

I would tend towards building the cylinder myself, or find another way to provide the needed force with levers or cams.
    --
    Kirk Wallace
    http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/
    http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html
    California, USA

• Well, from what I see, you could build cylinders, yes. See my other thread, I would like to pool orders together. I will check this and add them to the suppliers list. 

• @kirk,
    the reason why I want to find local suppliers is that I don't want to rely on surplus, 
    we want to find local suppliers for all the parts, not rely on Chinese imports, 
    I want to find real suppliers and real sources for these projects. 
    We need people like you who can produce parts locally. 
    we need to support local producers.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    dorkmodorkmo

October 2012
    do you know much about valve manifolds? i was trying to design a proportional valve system to allow for remote control. i got a a bit confused when i came to the different style valves using different ports on the manifold to connect to the motors and cylinders. ive sorta been hoping to form a hydraulics team to tackle the systems on all the machines.

• @dorkmo, I have gotten a bunch of replies from various suppliers, I will be updating them on the wiki, many suppliers have also good technical teams who will want to help. I think that we can form partnerships with suppliers to help adapt the models to the parts they have, more to come. I am not a hardware guy, but I think I can help with some of these issues indirectly.

mike

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    dorkmodorkmo

October 2012
    cool beans

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion