Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Rabert von Dahrenhorst, from Germany
  • Hi there, I've just seen, that I haven't introduced myself yet.

I'm well into my 50s, born near the dutch border in Germany. After acquiring my trade college diploma I joined the German Air Force to become an Officer, and after three years of training I got my commisiion and a deployment to a multinational NATO unit as a ground defence officer and training officer. In the second half of the eighties I studied political science, philosophy and history at a Germany university. For nearly all of the 80s I studied some economy and business administration part-time at German distance learning universities. Since the late 80s I earn my money as a management consultant, first mainly for business process design and re-design, since the mid of the last decade mainly in the field of risk management, contingency planning and crisis management. I have my own company in partnership with a friend, and recently created a new company, which tries to establish a new system of local news for a local audience, utilizing internet technology.

I'm married without children and live in Hannover area in northern Germany. Because I do not have children of my own, I made the world my child and try to safe it, what I spend the majority of my free time for. For recreation, I love to read, favourably SciFi stories, and watch movies. I'm one of those people who are told to have two left hands, but I'm asked frequently, when there is a non-technical problem to be solved. With one exception: I'm the computer repairman within the circle of my friends.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter