Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Introducing Fabio França
  • My name is Fabio and I 'm from Brazil. I heard first about OSE on the Jonh Robb Blog, Global Guerrillas, that is discussing resilient communities. I'm deeply inspired by the ideals supporting the OSE initiative, and I would like to dedicate some of my time, skills and enthusiasm to help.

My academical background is in mechanical engineering and geophysics, but I have been away from work in this technical subjects for a long time now. I'm an enthusiast of open source software, and have some knowledge in GIS (geographical information systems) mapping and remote sensing. I'm also interested in ham radio, mountaineering and other outdoor activities. I have plans to engage again in engineering, starting with a refreshment in the use of CAD tools.

I live in a small farm in the suburbs of Brasilia, and in my spare time I´m engaged in promoting permaculture in my rural neighborhood. I maintain a website to help promoting sustainability to a broader audience in Brasilia, in a practical and pragmatical approach (http://www.sustentavelnapratica.net/). I also teach about renewable energy in the local PDC - (Permaculture Design Course).

I'm currently working on personal projects about solar energy (photovoltaics, solar ovens and dryers); small scale biogas production, small scale integrated aquaculture/agriculture (fertirrigation, aquaponics) and agroforestry. I'm eager to share my results with the OSE community, and contribute to other ongoing projects as well.

Best regards,

Fabio França

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged