Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Jan-Erik Vinje : Hello from Norway
  • Hi folks,

Hearing about this project I fealt instantly that this is the most profound, worldchanging, empowering civilization building project I have ever heard about! I'm part of the movement calling for a transition to a sustainable resource based economy,

Currently I work as an IT-consultant developing software. My background and skills are spread all over the place:

Professional experience:
    - 3d graphics visualization and animation since 1992
    - Interactive multimedia since 1996
    - Graphic design jobs both digital and for print starting 1996.
    - Digital video production and soundediting 1998
    - Simple flash application development 2000
    - CATIA: CAD/CAM/Final element structrual analysis (university cources an project in) 2002 Later also Autodesk inventor. (I have tried out a number of open source CAD solutions.. but none really cut the cheese)
    - Object oriented application development (university courses) from 2003 -
    - Running a company called Visualize with a classmate. We churned out E-learning content (high school physics) and frameworks as well as platform games in flash and also did some 3d-animated visualizations .

Other:
    - Activism in the environmental movement from 1996
    - Activism against corporate domination since 1996
    - Activism against war since 1998
    - Became a father in 2007. 
    - Now a member of a new organization in Norway called "FRØ" (Foreningen for Ressursbasert Økonomi) = (The Association for a Resource Based Economy) wich sprung out of the norwegian branch of the Zeitgeist movement.

I hope to contribute to the proposed Open Source CAD/CAM solution

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter