Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Canadian living in Japan
  • Hello everyone

My name is Glen, I grew up in rural Canada (Alberta) and I am teaching English in Japan right now.  I have a small garden in my front yard in Japan, so that is my connection to the land at the moment.

I studied Glottalization and Development in University and went to rural Mexico, Cuba, and traveled across India as part of my studies.  I am a huge fan of open source, the spread of information, and empowering people so that they can control their own lives.

I am happy to have found this community.

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • howdy glen, what part of japan? ive been to banff/calgary a few times, the drive up is nice. i think someone on the forum is from edmonton.

• I am living on the island of Hokkaido, in the Furano valley.  It is a nice place surrounded by mountains, fresh air, and far enough away from nuclear reactors and tsunamis that it is perfectly safe (although I do live next to a volcano).  Hokkaido is the most northern island and second largest next to the main island. 

I am actually from the Edmonton area too.  I am glad that you enjoyed your drive when you came to banff/calgary.  That part of Alberta is pretty much what Hokkaido looks like, except a lot more people here, and less open space.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion