Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Santan arizona
  • Hello, my name is John. I am looking to build my own home in the Santan soon. I have been reviewing all the equipment and resources needed to build my own settlement. What I plan for is to buy 3-4 acres and building a 6 foot wall around it. I will also build a 600-900sf home with 1-2 200sf buildings. I invasion my buildings taking advantage of more passive cooling/heating technologies. I will be off the power grid and buy a tank to store water. I also will build a farm within these walls and maybe a small pond. That is why I am here. I hope to build this all with the help of some friends and maybe some man well. I hope to finish this project and live no less than 80% off grid within 4 years.

Also about me, I am in the US ARMY and am working for my masters in Aerospace. And I have little construction experience.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter