Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
ose blog - have a problem, Huston.
  • From yesterday blog doesn't work.

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • I've sent a message to our managed VPS provider yesterday, but they haven't contacted me yet.

In the VPS control panel, I couldn't find a way to reboot apache or do anything else to bring the server back to normal...
    Since it's a managed VPS account, I don't have root's password, so it looks like there isn't much I can do...

Any ideas?

• are you using a cpanel?
    what type of the blog?

• No CPanel. We have a managed VPS account on Hetzner, which uses KonsoleH.

Our blog software is Wordpress. You can see other details at http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Web_server_configuration

• Here's the reply from support:

Hello,

the problem causes your .htaccess-file, as we can see you have changed it on

friday morning. If you rename(deactivate) this file, the website works.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Here's what I found on the log:
    [...]/www/.htaccess: [...]/www/.htaccess:135: <FilesMatch> was not closed.

Adding a line with "</FilesMatch>" seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm not sure what caused this file to change. Perhaps it has something to do with the W3 Total Cache plugin, since line 135 lies inside the W3 TC browser cache configuration section of the .htaccess file.

• third of people are saying that this plugin doesn't works.  ;)
    Anyway - now is ok  =D>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion