Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
weekly wiki focus?
  • heyo, i was thinking it might be fun if we picked one part of the wiki each week that we could all focus on as a group.

just kinda like free time if people didnt have somethign else in particular they were doin.

this would get some pages in superior shape and people could kinda find their groove at what they like to work on.

anyone interested in trying this? would we want to vote which part of the wiki or somethign like that?

thoughts?

• 10 Comments sorted by
  • I'd be glad to help since I haven't participated in a project yet

• sweet.

how do you feel about working on lifetrac instructions? 

should we throw out some ideas about what we think needs to be added, removed, or changed? what we like or dislike? where is there clutter?

• I think we may start unifying the outline, this could help later as a template. Reading both pages, I would make something like this:

Introduction/Overview (to add a photo might be helpful as always)
    Official Documents: Full Report if available and plans, designs etc.
    Preparation: -Tools, workspace, safety, Bill Of Materials (?)
    Parts construction/manufacture, including every part or general instruction as a subsection
    Assembly
    Final product
    Upgrades if any

and personally I'd prefer if all the main info is in the same page and not linking to another, unless it's too big or unrelated. but is my opinion

what do you think?
    regards,

• okay so lifetrac 4 instructions seemed to be blank so i figured we could start fresh there.

i treed it out like this:

1 Introduction
    2 Documents
    3 Preparation
    3.1 Tools
    3.2 Bill Of Materials
    4 Parts manufacture
    4.1 Frame
    4.1.1 cut
    4.1.2 drill
    4.2 Arms
    4.2.1 cut
    4.2.2 drill
    4.2.3 weld
    4.3 Wheel Mounts
    4.3.1 cut
    4.3.2 drill
    4.3.3 weld
    5 Assemble
    5.1 Bolts
    5.2 paint
    5.3 hydraulics
    6 Quality Assurance
    7 Updates

does that sound pretty solid? i put in "quality assurance" instead of "final product", is that sorta what you ment?

• how do you feel about making the headers all caps? i feel like it would break it away from the rest of the text better.

also, after a quick glance at wikipedia i just changed it to "quality check" since quality assurance and quality control seem to have pretty defined meanings. duno.

• i like the outline, and now that i think about it, the introduction may not be a chapter but the heading of the page
    and by final product i mean mainly photos of the final assembly, may be working, but your meaning is wider i think

so, do you think we may start changing the previous version pages?
    regards,

• i think if we dont delete anything and just move stuff around neater we should be okay.

ive been seaching around and havent been able to find anything about the layout of the quick attach plate where everything connects to the front. there is a cad file i found but it was for solid works so i couldnt open it. if you come across anything else let me know haha.

• http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/LifeTrac_IV/Manufacturing_Instructions/Quick_Attach_Plate

i found some older qa plate info with the custom search and started filling in. im guna make a sketch up model later tonight.

• k added a sketchup model to the wiki. i couldnt make out the info about the latches so i havent added it yet.

theres some pics and stuff here so i might work on that in a bit http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/LifeTrac_II_Build

need to figure out the cross bar on the arms and a little piece to mount the hydraulics. eek just realized i forgot a little piece on the qa plate for that.

• i rearranged the lifetrac manufacturing instructions page (it's almost the same that the lifetrac II page that you just linked)
    and the lifretrac iii manufacturing instructions page and added the BOM from the report
    now the outlines look different

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion