Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Why is there not a Wiki XML Dumps or mirror archives available?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    TStowe

December 2011
    Given that the project's goal is open source hardware, why are there not Wiki XML dumps available? Is it possible to receive them or better yet, an XML dump and files (images and all other files in the wiki) archive by request? If not, what is the reasoning? For me, I'd like to be able to take this Wiki on my WikiReader and laptop when I'm off the grid.
    div style="max-width: 300px !important;color: #000000 !important;border-width: 0px !important;-webkit-border-radius: 10px !important;background-color: #363636 !important;font-size: 16px !important;padding: 8px !important;overflow: visible !important;background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, right bottom, color-stop(0%, #000), color-stop(50%, #363636), color-stop(100%, #000));z-index: 999999 !important;text-align: left !important;">

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    TStowe

December 2011
    BTW, to anyone seeing the php code in my posts, it's the board, not the content of my post.
    div style="max-width: 300px !important;color: #000000 !important;border-width: 0px !important;-webkit-border-radius: 10px !important;background-color: #363636 !important;font-size: 16px !important;padding: 8px !important;overflow: visible !important;background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, right bottom, color-stop(0%, #000), color-stop(50%, #363636), color-stop(100%, #000));z-index: 999999 !important;text-align: left !important;">

• I have just created a daily cron script to perform an XML dump of all current pages on our wiki.

You can download it from http://opensourceecology.org/w/export/osewiki-current.xml.bz2 (it's about 3.7 MB)

Later, I'll see where I can post a dump of all uploaded files.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    TStowe

December 2011
    Eli, 

Thank you for the effort and I definitely look forward to a dump of all of the files too. =) I know for a fact that others will be interested in this and will download this and the dump of all the files as well. 

With Warmth & Appreciation,

Thomas Stowe

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged