Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Problem Viewing Wiki Submissions on Category Page
  • Hello Everyone,

My name is Aaron Makaruk, and I am partnered with OSE as a grant researcher and writer. You can view my log here

I am having a technical problem that maybe someone can help me with. I am creating wiki pages for each grant that I submit, but they only show up under the Category:Grant Proposals wiki page when I am logged in (with my Google ID). When I am not logged in, I am unable to view the grants listed on that category page, although the independent wiki pages still exist. Can someone help me troubleshoot this?

Thank You,

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    dorkmodorkmo

December 2011
    heyo aaron. i dont have alot of experience with categories so i dont really have an answer :/ but i have the same experience with viewability to confirm your issue.

you might try the / method of sub pages.

like you'd have a main page for grant proposals and then each proposal would be under that

like "Grant_Proposals/IBM_International_Foundation"

then you could do links from the main Grant_Proposals page in place of the auto generated catagories page.

theres a couple other places we've been doing that but it hasnt really become standard.

for example on the ceb manufacturing pages

there is a main page for ceb_press that link to instructions then to the specific part. right below the title of the part page you can follow links back down the tree.

if that sounds appealing i could help ya do all the name changes and stuff. just throwing that out there since i duno about category pages.

• Aaron,
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the cause for this problem yet.

• Dorkmo,

That is logical. Each grant page should be subcategorized under Grant Proposals category. I will try that when I have a minute. Thanks for the suggestion.

Aaron

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion