Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
gear pump design for 3d printer?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    dorkmodorkmo

November 2011
    heyo

anyone know about 3d printers? i'm trying to design a small gear pump that could be printed out. im worried it might be too small and probly some other stuff i havent thought of.

im building a reprap machine but not done yet and i dont have any experience working with one yet so not sure how the design would do.

any advice would be appreciated.

feel free to download and tweak it.

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Allen15

November 2011
    It would be impossible to determine if it was too small or otherwise unsuited for the task you are wanting it for, without more information on the requirements of the finished pump, and what material choice limitations may be imposed by such, like chemical inert-ness, resistance to acidity or alkalinity, working pressure that the pump will be required to operate under, input power and RPMs would be nice to know too.  What is the required flow rate from the pump, when put into service?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    dorkmodorkmo

November 2011
    it'd be feeding oil to a plain bearing of a crank shaft and perhaps squirting a little stream up at a piston cylinder. i dont really know what the forces involved are :/

it'd be outputing into a 1/8" pipe

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged