Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
GVCS machine naming convention proposal
  • The CEB Press was originally called The Liberator.  I appreciate the aptness of giving it a more usefully descriptive name, but -- while I am not an expert -- I am concerned the over-genericness of "Compressed Earth Block Press" could cause trouble.  I suggest a specific naming convention for each GVCS machine to simply be GVCS <machine name>; thus, "CEB Press" could be instead referred to as the GVCS Press, at least in formal documentation and referring to it outside the OSE group.  There wouldn't be a need to rename the wiki articles, as it would be needlessly redundant to rename all machine articles to lead with GVCS, but when writing articles about OSE-developed GVCS machines, I think it could give a nice touch of distinctiveness, making the machines more proper nouns instead of generic machine names.

Its just a thought, though I am going to try actually putting it into play in appropriate places in the how-to-build documentation I am attempting to put together for the GVCS CEB Press.

Thank you for reading and considering my idea!

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    mjnmjn

September 2011
    Outside of OSE, I refer to thinks like the "OSE CEB Press" or the "OSE Nuclear Power Plant".  Marcin has given names to some of the machines, like the PowerCube and Lifetrac.  Other names may follow, though I wouldn't expect much input onto what things should be called.

- Mark

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

• mjn September 2011

Tagged