Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    HansHans

February 2011
    Hello,

I live in Bellingham Washington, United States of America.  I found this site through the 2 min infomercial posted on the Transition Whatcom site. I am a true fan.

Is a pocket watch alive? What is life? What is a machine? Energy, Information, Material, Time?

I am looking for empowerment from the Open Source Ecology movement. Like superman, I want to punch holes in steal. I plan to start a local chapter here in Bellingham. I have a dual degree in science and art. I own and operate a restaurant and a toy store. My recent interests revolve around industrial ecology, organizational development, and internet communication.

I have chosen to join forces with OSE, because the movement mirrors a very similar vision naturally emerging from my heart.  OSE also fits well in the logic of my education. Currently, I am in big picture mode; bouncing around the site, reading books about the open source software movement, organizational development, and industrial ecology. The improvements to the site are wicked good.  Cheers!

-Hans

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Cheers from a fellow Washington resident! I'm located in Kent, also interested in starting/participating in a Seattle area chapter. I have housing, shop space, farmland, and garage space currently available. But right now I'm just networking. Keep fighting the good fight!

• I also live in Bellingham and am a student at Bellingham Technical College(Machining Program). I would been very interested in helping you get this off the ground and can help you get in touch with some of the local farming co-operatives.

PM me if you are interested in collaberating.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged