Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
"Rain," a song by Matthew Ebel on encountering a homeless man
  • I've encountered some interesting people in my crazy life adventures.  I was something of a drifter in my twenties, driving across half a continent to move in with someone who stole my heart or to get a job.  A lot of long road trips that provided a bit too much time for introspection and encounters with people asking for change.

I also had a month of more direct experience with homelessness, when jobs gave out and I had no friends within reach I could beg for a couch to sleep on.

I've made online acquaintances with a circle of lesser-known musicians, among them a guy named Matthew Ebel.  When I first heard this song, "Rain," I thought immediately of those long road trips and my own experience being homeless.  I was raised baptist, but became atheist and over time have become a bit backlashing toward Christianity ... but this song, while I view it as "Christian like," I still like myself and I think it helps me keep a balance that way, too.

Anyhow, I thought fans of the opensourceecology movement tend to go through hard times themselves, or feel compassion for those who do, and this song might appeal to them.

Without further ado, available to listen from the musician himself on his own website for free ...

(just click the triangular play button)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged