Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Social Innovation Generation Steve Quilley Open Economics lecture
  • I attended a talk by Steve Quilley last night hosted by the Social Innovation Generation at the University of Waterloo. Great stuff! It talked about some problems with mass consumption and consumerism, the increase in maker culture and the satisfaction ppl get from that, and then turned into a GIANT pitch for Open Source Ecology! Haha!

He's a true fan and has talked to Marcin about setting up education programs to teach OSE skills. Really a bright academic with some good theoretical analyses of open economics.

Also, the University of Waterloo (disclosure: my alma mater) has some really cool stuff going on and I wonder if they would be an institution worth pursuing for a partnership. Lots of great new post-secondary programs, including Knowledge Integration, and some great scholars/institutions such as SiG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged