Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
David I Am. Here.

• Hi, I'm David, a software engineer by trade (currently telecommuting 40 hours a week from Cameron, MO) 

My interests have long been in the area of alternative energy and architecture.  I love building things, bit twiddling is fun but physical building is better.  I've helped modify and build structures with carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and concrete work.  I've been fascinated by compressed earth block building, straw bale building, and cob building for years.  I've long been convinced that open source needed to be used to attack problems like farming and equipment, modular power units were a valuable concept - generally that alternatives a new thought and research were needed in these areas! 

I was excited to discover the TED talk speaking of the open source ecology stuff - so imagine my excitement when I found that the FactorE Farm appears to be only a few miles from where I am currently residing!

I sure hope I can find a way to contribute - not only perhaps with some controller and/or information software, but actually building some stuff.  Once I get out of debt entirely (expect fall 2012-spring 2013) I will be freed up to fulfill my dream of contributing my physical presence and main effort to these sorts of endeavors! 

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Welcome David.  I'm sure Marcin and the gang would love to meet you in person even for just a short social visit.  I'm sure if you contacted Vann (on this site) he could give you some suggestions.

The Dawg

• thanx for at least reading my intro and giving your input.  it will only help me. i kind of wrote that in a hurry at work and apologize for the rants and no links. in the future i will do so.

cheers,,

M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged