Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Building a Microtrac
  • I am intrigued by the possibility of building a Microtrac and my mother is intrigued by the possibility of using one - it would provide a great power equipment for use on her small-scale 5 acre significantly sloped property here for moving things around, tilling, and doing some light excavating.  

We have a source on an engine for fairly cheap, this model:

Which I think could provide the power we need. 

I am a handy person (as is my mother, she's just a little old lady whose aspirations are larger than her physical power).  I am quite mechanical and don't mind figuring things out to build them.  My primary market skill is as a software engineer, but I'm also an amateur carpenter, electrician, plumber, and mechanic with some experience in all. I haven't built anything quite like this before, though, and could use some mentoring.

My mom's place happens to be in Cameron, MO not distant at all, I understand, from the FactorE Farm!

So is there a working model of the Microtrac already, or would I be the first physical incarnation?

So I am looking for drawings/plans/specifications for the power cube physical interface, and of course the frame and such pattern for the main structure of the unit as well.  Thoughts?

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hello again.  That info might be hard to find just now.  I will see if I can point you in the right direction.  As for support, you can count on that.

I have personally watched a video of one being used so I'm sure it exists.  Starting with a Power Cube would be a good idea.

Maybe Vann or Chris can confirm one actually exists on the Farm.  You being so close could go over and take it for a spin.

The Dawg

• While I've seen one driving, I haven't seen any implements for it myself.

• I'd be thrilled to get a chance to visit, see the FactorE Farm, and take the microtrac for a spin - particularly to bring my mother along so she can see if she REALLY wants one.  :)  Chris, Vann?  (busy not-on-the-forum I'm sure...)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged