Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
tools, i am am new
  • hi my name is belovelife, i was reading about your concept, i love it, it is brilliant

here is goes

i would like to add a project that i was working on, althought i ran out of funds, and couldn't finish all the attatchments, the base design worked well

basically you make a right triangle from strong steel ( i was thinking lighter materials this was originally for space)

then you attatch a motor capable of variable speeds to the bottom, a shell and wire up to the top where the on/off varyable speed control is

so aproxamately 90/60/30 for the angles (mabe a bit steeper)

since this is fully modular, and can be built from recycled materials ( for instance i used pieces from an old soloflex and trash from work , and a motor from a broken dryer)

now all you have to do is make things that attatch to the motor

so the motor is placed so the rotor is pointing out of the triangle

so if it is on the ground (feet attached) to where the rotor is pointing up

you can make:

a sanding weel

attachable drill press

if you attach a tile saw blade, you can take off a foot and put a wheel, so you can cut rocks in a line

anyway, it should cut wood, stone, drill holes , sand and polish

and in general be able to replicate itself save the motor

( and even that if you know how)

please email me @ belovelife@yahoo.com or add me on facebook (kenneth julio moilanen)

thank you

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hello Kenneth.  I'm not sure exactly what you are describing there my friend.  Is it a standardized motor mount?  Do you have any drawings to share?

Keep in mind that up to now, we have been concentrating on hydraulic propulsion.  There are application that will be better run with electric motors for sure.

Thanks

The Dawg

• New ideas should be written up and added to the wiki.  A simple sketch or diagram helps a lot, too.  Your idea sounds like it has merit, but as @Dawg suggests, the explanation needs to be fleshed out a bit.

- Mark

• where a potentiometer controls the imput voltage for the motor

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged