Visit the forum instructions to learn how to post to the forum, enable email notifications, subscribe to a category to receive emails when there are new discussions (like a mailing list), bookmark discussions and to see other tips to get the most out of our forum!
Rotary nut cracker
  • We have received an email from Mark D. Richardso. He wants to share his rotary nut cracker design.

I've created a page where he will post more details: http://openfarmtech.org/wiki/Rotary_nut_cracker

Mark, feel free to discuss the nut cracker below.

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • That nut cracker in the picture is a spin off of a senior design project I did for cracking a wide range of hazelnut sizes without sorting.  Mark Shepard presented my senior design project to DTACP and got $5000 to build it, and John Beshaw built what is pictured there.  Last i heard Mark was trying to patent it and sell to Turkish hazelnut farmers. 
    The lesson I learned is if you have an invention and don't want others trying to make a buck on it, put it under some general public domain.

• The nutcracker is not a spin off of anything.it was designed in my office .Who ever this Nick person is he is full of shit.This may be a case of miss ID. or Nick is trying hard to claim all the nutcrackers in this world as his property.So fuck you Nick ,get a life and leave me out off it.

• Mark my apologies i should have not jumped to conclusions, it looked alot like the one I actually was involved in imagehttp://www.forestag.com/processing.html the terminator on the far right
    And no I claim no property whatsoever to the design, its not unique and I would gladly share.  I was just commenting on this as I know people who have tried to make money on it, as you can see their is even a patent pending on it.
    My only point was that it would have been a good thing to put a public domain license on ideas intended for open source like this so people don't try to patent later.  Please relax and refrain from saying how full of fecal matter I am.

Attachments
    9581004.jpg 12K
  • I know companies like IBM will blog or publish any invention disclosures they receive that they choose not to pursue for patents for that very reason Nick.

• As far as I am concerned there is not one machine element that is a new innovation that  is eligible to patt.Every part of my rendition of a nutcracker has been around for 4-5 hundred years.The components are updated everything else is old hat 

• @Markodavid, there are probably ways of stating your case without cussing out Nick- be he in the wrong or not,

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged